Why Give to IDSVA?
IDSVA has provided every element I sought in a doctoral program–well-known
and highly respected faculty members, colleagues who are also working art professionals,
international travel to some of the world’s most prominent and treasured art sites…
~ Robert Carroll, 3rd year student
- IDSVA is the first program of it’s kind to offer a philosophy degree to visual artists in the United States.
- The program’s pioneering curriculum combines rigorous philosophical study with on-site intensives, which we believe may be a new model for the future of education.
- Freed from the bricks-and-mortar campus model, the distance-learning approach allows us to transform the entire world into our classroom.
- This fusion of distance learning with intensive residencies also allows working art professionals to pursue rigorous advanced scholarship without having to interrupt or abandon their teaching careers, art practice, or other professional responsibilities.
- IDSVA aims to be the leading international institution for doctoral studies in the visual arts. Our goal is to be at the forefront of distance learning technology, and to expand our learning sites to Cuba, Brazil, South Africa and China. Find out how you can support IDSVA’s mission here.