HOW TO APPLY
Priority deadline: January 12, 2015 for the May 2015 enrollment
Apply to IDSVA in 3 steps:
1. START the process by clicking here to fill out the online application. Once we receive your online application, admissions advisor Michael Smith will contact you and will be available to assist with steps 2-4 of the application process, listed below. When your application file is complete, you will be contacted to schedule your admissions interview by phone with a member of the admissions committee.
2. NEXT, send the following by email to: admissions(at)idsva.org
- current curriculum vitae
- statement of intent, minimum of 750 words
- one writing sample
- artist statement of no more than 500 words (for holders of the MFA)
- ten to twenty images or other documentation of creative practice (for holders of the MFA). Attach jpegs to email (no larger than 1MB each) or link to website.
Application materials can be sent in stages, and will be processed by the admissions committee once the file is complete. All written documents should be attached as Word or PDF documents.
Also have sent:
- 3 letters of recommendation sent by the recommender from their own email address to: admissions(at)idsva.org. The letters should be an attachment in either Word or PDF, preferably written on letterhead. At least two of the three letters should come from faculty who can support the applicant’s ability to perform PhD level scholarship.
3. THIRD, send the following by mail to:
IDSVA Admissions Committee
130 Neal Street
Portland, ME 04102
- official sealed copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
To apply for financial aid: If you would like to be considered for an IDSVA scholarship, fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and enter the IDSVA school code: G41888.
contact Emma Shultz, Admissions Coordinator: (800) 240-7357