Whether you are a teacher, an artist, art historian, or just interested in visual culture, IDSVA
is for you. The fellowship and dialogue with instructors and students is inspiring.
The summer residency experience is awesome in every way.
- Mary Elizabeth Kimbrough
- First and only PhD in philosophy for visual artists & creative thinkers
- World Class Faculty includes preeminent scholars, philosophers, & artists
- One of a kind topological studies program with fieldwork at international sites
- Blended distance learning and residency intensives
- Designed for art professionals with ongoing careers and for studio practitioners
Who Should Apply
IDSVA seeks candidates engaged in an established studio practice or similar creative practice (e.g., architecture, curatorial studies, criticism of art and/or visual culture, art history) who wish to develop their critical and scholarly interests through the rigorous study of philosophy, aesthetics, and theory. It is expected that IDSVA candidates anticipate the further development of their creative endeavors through advanced academic study.
Under current U.S. Federal Law, IDSVA cannot provide Visa support to applicants who are non-U.S. citizens.
The next enrollment date is May 2013.
IDSVA accepts applications on a rolling admissions basis. This means that you may submit your application anytime, and it will be considered on a space-available basis.